Sunday, May 29, 2011

Good Books

Since my new commute does not involve driving, I have the opportunity to read on the bus and metro. The first few weeks I was too afraid that I would miss my stop if I read (or some other irrational fear), and then I carried my nook with me just to look like a true commuter, but never actually opened it up. Now that I have figured out how to use public transportation, (for the most part), I have rediscovered that reading for pleasure actually exists! After high school, it was drilled into my head that any time spent having fun was time not spent on my design work, so I read lots of design books, but not much else. That sounds more dramatic than it is meant to be, but things related to design had the top priority.

I have finished 3 books since mid-April, and I think this is the most consistent use my nook has ever seen. All 3 of the books have been stellar, and I am quite happy (and somewhat relieved) to know that I still enjoy reading- being in elementary school and staying up all night reading with a flashlight wasn't just a phase!


Hilarious. The laugh-out-loud kind of funny. I am not one to exhibit an audible laugh while reading, but her writing makes it impossible to contain!



Great collection with lots of short chapters, making it easy to get to a good breaking point within a few minutes. The stories are written by everyone who is anyone and are all wonderful.



Read this one on a whim (I wanted to try renting an ebook from the library and this was the only one available that I had ever heard of) and I am SO glad I did! It was a bit slow to get into, but once I did, I could not put it down. Seriously. I woke up early on Saturday morning just to finish reading it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment