Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sleepless Nights

I don't even have a good excuse for my sleepless nights- no crying baby to wake me up, no loud neighbors, nothing. Every so often my body decides that it doesn't need sleep (despite the fact that I am quite tired) and refuses it for more than a few hours at a time. Last night I stayed up late with the intention of sleeping in, but my intentions were denied. I woke up at 3:30am and got a snack, because I absolutely cannot fall asleep if I am hungry. I woke up again at 4:30 and this time decided to turn the tv on and maybe I could fall asleep. By 5:30 it was clear that I wasn't going to fall back asleep so I got up. I put some laundry in, went through my 800+ unread emails (ok, skimmed over might be more accurate), checked a couple things online and finished a book. Oh, this is all before 8:30. My heavy and aching eyes won a mini-battle and scored a power nap for an hour. Yes, by 9:30 in the morning I had already taken a nap. I was fairly productive and thought to myself, "so THIS is how you put more hours in the day!" I still feel tired and not rested, but I gave it a good effort.


This is the book I just finished- pretty funny. Having just read Tina Fey's book, which is HILARIOUS, other comedic autobiographies pale in comparison. Kathy Griffin has a VERY different sense of humor, and I would say it was a pretty enjoyable book if you like her humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment