Sunday, September 4, 2011

365, I Joined a Gym

Yes, you read that correctly. I actually joined a gym today. I signed up for a free trial last week and went to check it out today. Then the guy working there told me about a promotion where if I signed up today, I got pretty incredible savings. There are a few requirements that I have to meet (like going 10 times) but if I'm not satisfied, I have a 30-day money back guarantee. So I did it. I have such a hard time passing up a deal, even if it is for the gym.

Its a pretty high tech gym, which of course I liked. They have an internet cafe (never heard of a gym that has that!), a nice pool, a spa, and 3 floors of equipment. All of their classes are included in the monthly fee, and they seem to offer a lot more than the other gyms I looked at.

My biggest incentive in joining the gym is that if I go 10 times per month, my company will reimburse me. My health insurance is pretty crappy, but this seems like a good deal and I figure I should take advantage of it.




It's been a LONG time since I ran on a treadmill, and I loved the fancy technology. For most people, this is probably not a big deal, but let me tell you, the gym at Marymount didn't have treadmills like this! There is a tv on each machine which is cool, but my favorite feature is the little tiny fan built into the console that gives you a pleasant breeze while running.

One of the other stipulations of the 30-day guarantee is that I have to meet with a trainer for an assessment, so I scheduled that for tomorrow. Might as well get it out of the way, and it means only 8 more trips this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment