Monday, September 26, 2011

365, Carter's Office

I spent some of the afternoon in Carter's office and I am happy to report that I got a solid two hours of work done! Way more productive than I have been the last few days, at least in terms of searching for employment. There is an empty cubicle at the office, (with a super comfy chair, I might add), and I have taken up residence there. Its perfect!



I woke up this morning at my regular time but didn't have anywhere to be until my haircut at 10 am. I told myself that I had to wait until at least 9:30 to leave (it's all of 10 minutes away) and I would still be there obsessively early. I found myself making many more trips than necessary up and down the stairs JUST TO PASS THE TIME. And this is only day 2 of unemployment!

I'm going to keep going to Carter's office because it made a big difference, and I'm going to divide my day into 2 general chunks: before lunch will be devoted to job applications, and after lunch will be for freelance work. Yesterday I was so overwhelmed by everything that I didn't even know where to start, so this structure will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment