Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lewes, Day 1

I better post about this trip before I leave for trip number 2 tomorrow and start to get everything confused. This trip was to Lewes, DE, where KG has 1 of its 3 offices (and the other two designers are at the Lewes office).

MONDAY, DAY 1

Got up and left early in the morning to make it to Lewes around 10 am. The drive was super easy and I made it in about 2.5 hours. Since it was still early in the day I couldn't check into the hotel yet, so I headed to the office. As this was only my second day with the company, I didn't have a mountain of work awaiting me, which turned out to be a VERY good thing. As I had expected, there was a PC laptop waiting for me to use, and I tried to place nice. I thought I was pretty good at switching between the two platforms from my days of data transfers, but I was very wrong. The keyboard was smaller and had all sorts of extra buttons, and I kept mistakenly hitting 1 button that would delete the entire paragraph I had just written. It was a long day and I felt like I was just learning how to use a computer for the first time. Note to self- bring Mac laptop tomorrow.

After work I checked in at the hotel, dropped my stuff off, and ventured out to find some food. I quickly learned that only certain restaurants are open on certain days, and no store is open after 4 or 5 pm. I ended up going to the restaurant that is connected to the hotel (but only open on certain days) and ordered some crab cakes with a side of fries. I was the ONLY person in the restaurant, so I got great service.



Crabcakes with a side of fries, or fries with a side of crabcakes?!

No comments:

Post a Comment