Monday, December 12, 2011

365, A Quarter Century

I celebrated the big 2-5 today and it was a wonderful, low-key day. Carter and the office got me cupcakes in the afternoon which was totally unexpected and exciting. I had pizza with the Schultz clan followed by some yummy cake and baby giggles. Carter, Ingrid, and Liesl are all fighting a nasty cold and have raspy voices and hacking coughs, but it's particularly sad on Liesl. Despite feeling rotten, I got a few good smiles and giggles from Lies, a hug from Ingrid, and an awesome necklace and overall day from Carter.

Growing up my family respected that I really hated having my birthday so close to Christmas. I hated it so much that I was called, and rightfully earned the title of, The Grinch. Every year it was a given that no decorations would be put up until after my birthday, and if that meant the tree had to freeze outside, so be it. Today when Carter was out getting cupcakes, she knew not to get any Christmas ones, which was probably pretty hard knowing how much she loves the holidays. Its the little things that mean the most.

On top of that, a ton of people wished me happy birthday on Facebook throughout the day which also put a smile on my face. Based on today, 25 is going to be a good year!



I swear there really are 5 pink candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment