Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I haven't had fun dip in ages, and I particularly liked that it wished me a happy Easter. The watermelon flavor was a bit much, but I just can't say no to a stick of sugar dipped in more sugar!

My job for Easter brunch was to bake and bring biscuits to my parents. Carter even told me which kind to get from the freezer section, so this seemed like a fool-proof plan. WRONG. I got up to bake them this morning (by bake, I just mean put them on a tray and throw them in the oven) and the directions told me to preheat the oven BETWEEN 350 and 400 degrees. WHAT?! Directions are not supposed to give me a range! Just tell me exactly what temperature to preheat the oven to! I don't know if my oven runs hot... I just know it cooks things when I tell it the temperature on the box. I finally settled on 375 and thought I had made it through the tough part. WRONG AGAIN. The cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes. SERIOUSLY?! Clearly whoever wrote these directions has never met someone with my level of cooking incompetency and they should find a more suitable career path, perhaps writing horoscopes or messages in fortune cookies. Directions are supposed to make things easy, not make your brain do a major workout before 9 am! In the end they turned out ok and I wasn't fired from biscuit duty for the rest of my life, so we will count it as a success. And next time I will choose my biscuits more wisely based on which ones have better directions!



No comments:

Post a Comment