Saturday, April 16, 2011

365, Last LAST Day

Today was my last LAST day or a 9 hour guest appearance, depending on how you want to look at it. It was really interesting to be back and see everything through a whole new perspective. Sure, I was only gone 2 weeks, but wow, I guess I have changed more than I realized in those weeks. During the peak of the day, I felt like a deer in headlights. The best way I can describe it is with an athletic analogy... imagine I am a super amazing, olympic-caliber athlete at the peak of my training, and then I decide to take a month off. During that month, I don't exercise at all (but it is never far from my mind). At the end of the month, I put on my shoes and go out to do the same workout I did a month ago. Obviously, this is not successful. How on earth did I do that for so long and think nothing of it?! My stress level was the highest it has been in the lat 2 weeks, and I was only there for a day! There is a huge difference in my current quality of life, and I am more aware and thankful of it than ever before. Don't get me wrong- I was glad to be there today and I had an amazing lunch with a good friend (thats you, J. Mo) and had some good laughs, but WOW. Perspective changes everything. I am also VERY aware that I couldn't be where I am today, doing what I am doing, without all of that time with the company. The experience has been life-changing, and I don't regret a moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment