Monday, February 14, 2011

One More for Susan

I have started this blog post so many times, but I can't seem to find a fitting opening line. I guess there really isn't much to say... its incredibly sad. She went into the hospital on Thursday and died on Sunday- no time to say goodbye.  Liesl was born on that same Thursday, and Susan did at least get to see a picture of her newest granddaughter. The family has been through quite a bit these last 2 weeks. As if all of that isn't enough, poor Ingrid caught a stomach bug and spent all night throwing up, so she didn't make it to the reception. After the stomach bug Ing shared with all of us at Christmas, I think Susan would understand.

To those of you who have been bringing my family food, thank you- it has been a huge help, especially on the nights that Ingrid stays at my parents.

I think I'm going to think of Susan as an Angel, and she will keep an extra special eye on Liesl when we aren't there... Susan and Liesl are somewhat connected-- both in the hospital on Thursday, both in ICUs, both even had breathing tubes. It certainly isn't the ideal connection, and the circle of life seems a bit too tight, but it is what it is.


At the reception there were some photos of Susan, and we saw one that looked just like Ingrid... big blue eyes and a mischievous grin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment